Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the purchase of any goods from Hornsey Steels Ltd. By placing an order via phone, email, fax, or the website you are deemed to have accepted all the terms and conditions set out below. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
Sales Terms & Conditions – Please Read Before Completing Your Order!
1. Quotations are valid for 30 days subject to stock and availability.
2. All internet orders are subject to acceptance and availability confirmed by Hornsey Steels Ltd.
3. All prices/quotes EXCLUDE VAT unless otherwise stated.
4. Full payment of materials is required on ordering goods unless otherwise agreed at point of sale.
5. In the event of late payment, we reserve the right to charge compensation and interest at the rate equivalent to that set in Section 6 of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Interest Act 1998.
6. All cancellations / alterations must be made prior to manufacture of goods with recorded confirmation from Hornsey Steels Ltd. (Example: If the goods are ready for distribution, the products are no longer available to be amended.)
Delivery Terms & Conditions
7. We reserve the right to cancel the order if: We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered. We do not deliver to your area. One or more of the goods ordered was provided / listed at an incorrect price.
8. Due to the nature of polyester paint we cannot guarantee the surface finish will be free from scratches during the delivery process.
9. Delivery charges will vary depending on distance and quantity ordered, this is to be confirmed by Hornsey Steels Ltd.
10. We aim to deliver all orders as soon as possible Up to 7 – 10 workings days (England & Wales), for Scotland Mainland please allow for up to 14 – 21 workings days. Customers will be notified 24 hours prior to delivery to confirm a morning or afternoon delivery time.
11. There is no set date availability with the delivery service, we will do our best to work with the customer’s preference but all we can confirm is delivery up to 7-10 working days unless stated otherwise.
12. On very large or long distance orders an external haulage service may be used, this will include an additional service charge depending on order specification.
13. We will deliver goods to the nearest curb side of the address provided when placing order. It is important that this address is accurate. It is your duty to inform us of any access problems or vehicle restrictions (such as size, height or weight of vehicle) prior to delivery, otherwise an additional delivery charge may be incurred.
14. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange safe offloading of the goods. The customer must be present to assist in handball offload if fork lift truck is not available. Further provision must be made for larger orders.
15. At the time of delivery please check all goods thoroughly before signing for them. Shortages and errors at the time of delivery may not be rectified later. If any damage is apparent at the time of delivery please notify the driver and Hornsey Steels Ltd immediately, Any Claims for damaged or incorrect goods must also be reported immediately.
16. Once the Goods are signed for upon delivery, the customer declares they are satisfied with the service and all goods are present. (E.G. As soon as the delivery note is signed by the recipient, no refunds or replacement products will be allowed) Once the delivery note is signed T&C 15 is invalid and no returns are available.
17. Responsibility of damages or loss of the goods shall pass to the Customer at the time of the delivery.
18. We expect our products and service to meet your expectations and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure this, however, for any reason you want to return products to us, the customer service department must be consulted immediately with correct invoice and purchase information. Any returned products may require an additional delivery and handling charge, this will be deemed by Hornsey Steels Ltd.
19. The drivers will take pictures of any goods delivered alongside the signed delivery note, this is purely for our records to show the condition of the goods and delivery note signed by the customer/representative.
Collection Terms & Conditions
20. All Collection Orders will be manufactured within 48 hours from the order being placed, any amendments to the order must be made as soon as possible. If the goods are already in the manufacturing process or ready for distribution then no amendments can be made to that order.
21. Hornsey Steels Ltd will contact the customer or selected representative when the order is completed and ready for collection from the Site.
22. All Collection customers must approach the Hornsey Steels Ltd Site with care and attention. Please keep in mind it is a working yard with operational machines and vehicles.
23. No Under 16’s are allowed on the site Unattended by a responsible adult or guardian. All pets should also be kept in any vehicles entering the site. Any personnel to be found abusing these conditions will be asked to leave the premises with immediate effect.
General Terms & Conditions
24. All rights, including copyright, in our websites and brochures are owned by or licensed to Hornsey Steels Ltd. Any use of our content, including copying or storing it other than for your own personal, noncommercial use, is prohibited without our permission.
25. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
26. No Goods or Products are available to be taken from the site without a confirmed payment method unless stated otherwise by Hornsey Steels Ltd Senior Staff.
27. Hornsey Steels Ltd as steel manufacturers are fully incompliance with EU Legislation Laws. All Goods and Components produced by Hornsey Steels Ltd are CE marked;
From July 1st 2013 all profiled steel sheeting supplied in the UK market has to be CE Marked.
In Compliance with Regulation 305/2011/EU of the European Parliament ad of the Council of 9 March 2011 (The Construction Products Regulation or CPR), this certificate applies to the construction product; Structural Steel Components.
28. Due to the nature of Steel Industry any pricing and quotations given are at Hornsey Steels Ltd discretion. Hornsey Steels Ltd Pricing Listing may vary throughout the year due to the inconsistent financial state of the steel manufacturing industry.
Mr Samuel Hornsey
Hornsey Steels Ltd
Designed by NCB Media
UK Roofing Sheets ~ Galvanised Roofing in The UK ~ Corrugated Roofing Sheets in The UK ~ Corrugated Sheet Metal Roofing in UK ~ Steel Roofing Sheet in the UK ~ Box Profile Steel Sheet in the UK